Monday, May 6, 2013

Override by Heather Anastasiu

 If you have not read Book #1 Glitch - proceed with caution. Some spoilers are impossible to avoid. To read more about Glitch #1 click HERE.

Override (Glitch #2)

Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 12th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

Zoe is free. She has escaped the enslavement of the Community, disconnected from the hardware that had controlled her every thought and emotion, and evaded capture by the Chancellor intent on killing her. She is finally free, but she is far from safe.

Zoe and Adrien hide themselves from detection at the Foundation, an academy that trains teen glitchers to fight in the Resistance movement. Together, Zoe and her new team of superhuman fighters must risk their lives to rescue other glitchers and humans from the Chancellor's control. Challenges abound at every turn, and Adrien, who has become silent, distant, and tormented by his visions of the future, only adds to the growing certainty of defeat. But worst of all, as Zoe's team fights against impossible odds, distrust and betrayal leads to the terrible discovery that their greatest threat could already be lurking behind the safe walls of the Foundation.

I could not have been happier with Heather Anastasiu's continuation of this series. Book # 2 took me for a crazy roller coaster of a ride, and like any good roller coaster will do to you; I gripped the book and held on for dear life!

The great thing about Override is that the story really moves forward. I have read far too many sequels where I felt like they were pointless, just filler until they could move on to the finale in #3. I want story, I want action, new characters and new adventures that help work up to the finale. Override gave me just that. 

New characters are brought into the story that really added to it. I loved getting to meet new Glitchers and see what their powers were, as well as meeting some of the REZ fighters that have to fight to prove to the rest of the team that they are in control of their minds. It was really interesting to see the ups and downs and see how they all made each other better. 

I still Loved Zoe like crazy. She was just so real. You see her break down, and fight to get back up. Heather Anastasiu didn't create a character that just hid everything away. Or who could take care of herself. She created a character that admitted that she needed help. That accepts it's ok to cry and be scared. Because of that it just makes it have so much more impact when she fights back. 

There are some insane twists in this story, and I can happily say I did not expect any of them! There is one moment.. I was in such shock. I dropped my book. It just sat in my lap like " yupp... that just happened." 

Basically; Override Kicks ass, takes names, and still leaves you eager to come back for another round! I cannot wait for #3 !  

Rating: 5/5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !