Sunday, October 30, 2011

Paranormalcy

“Oh relax." I waved my hand dismissively. "If he wanted to kill me, he already would have. I brought him all these sharp pencils, ideal for stabbing, and he's been a perfect gentleman.” 

"Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal."

Reasons to love this book:
*Evie's #1 weapon... a Pink rhindstone studded taster she affectionately calls "Tasey".
* The mysterious new supernatural named Lend, a boy who can change his appearance anytime he wishes.
* Evie's best friend, a mermaid who's words are translated through a computer that refuses to acknowledge swear words and inserts "bleep" in their place. 
*Reth, Evie's creepy ex faerie boyfriend.. who is literally trying to pull her back into his world. 

I cannot wait for the next in this trilogy. A book that can make me laugh out loud, cringe empathetically for the characters, sigh at a sweet romance AND keep me on my toes with the twists and action? My kinda book!

Rating: 4.5/5

Published: August 31st, 2010 by Harper teen
335 pages of fun, flirty, kick a** awesomeness!

The series so far
                                             August, 2010         July, 2011     

Endlessly

Coming July 24th 2012


You may also like








2 comments:

  1. Love Your Page!! I got a google account just so I could subscibe.! :D I did it right.. right? lol. Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best lines, because I felt like it was a stab at one of the stupider (yet central) parts of Twilight: "Arianna snorted. 'Why on earth would a vampire go to high school?'" I lol'd.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !