Thursday, March 15, 2012

Incarnate


Hardcover, 384 pages
Published January 31st 2012 by Katherine Tegen Books

ISBN: 0062060759 (ISBN13: 9780062060754)

Edition language: English

Original title: Erin Incarnate

http://www.jodimeadows.com/?page_id=12

Series Newsoul #1




New soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?



After reading so many rave reviews, chatting with the very charming Jodi Meadows, and fan-girling over the amazing cover... this book had ALOT to live up to.

It did better than just not disappointing me. It blew me away.

The Thing that I found most interesting and original about this story was the fact that not only are the people of Heart ( The main "town" ) reincarnated over and over again, but they retain all their memories from each previous life! This concept throughout the book really made me think. Some of the reincarnated simply choose to perfect their skills in each reincarnated life, others branch out more and try a new thing every life. I would be the later.

Then it gets a bit complicated. What if the love of your life, was reincarnated years after you were born? You may already be 20 when they are born. OR, your husband one life, may be reincarnated into the body of a woman in the next life. How would you handle such events!? Jodi Meadows creates an intriguing world that kept me thinking about how I would handle things If I were reincarnated. She also does not hold back on the harshness, or awkwardness that this lifestyle may create. Though it's not a huge part of the story you should be aware there is mention of Suicide as well as gay marriage. I applaud Jodi Meadows for pulling both ideas into the story in a way that fit in seamlessly and added to the stories overall greatness for me!

Anna was a character that I couldn't help but adore. Her life until recently was a very secluded one, and her Mother did nothing to help, calling her a NoSoul and lying to her about the ways of their world. When Anna meets Sam she begins to take her first true steps into the real world as she learns not only about it, but about herself. 

“Who am I?" My first spoken words.
"No one," she said. "Nosoul.” 

Jodi Meadows, Incarnate


Sam.. oh Sam. Though he is Years, and years, and YEARS my elder.. *Swoon* I did , and you will too! A wonderful character who helps to show Anna believe that she is not just a "NoSoul" But A NewSoul who has much to live for. Sam Had me laughing, crying and swooning all over the place. Yes, if you think too hard about it.. there is a bit of a weird factor over the fact that he has been reincarnated so many times over and Anna has not, but I think overall it simply led me to the feeling that "love knows no bounds".

Full of Romance, intrigue , adventure and beauty this book had me hooked till the last page. I closed the cover, leaned back against my pillow, And just smiled.

Did I mention Jodie is a 2012 Debut Author!? Seriously, watch out for her, she is gonna be big!! 

Rating: 5/5 <3

5 comments:

  1. You know I am oh, so, tempted to drop the book I'm reading to read Incarnate now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Don't drop current read! Just... read Incarnate next!! :)

      Delete
  2. i love the cover and really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review^^ I really want to read this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Okay, I think you just changed my mind about this book! The cover is AMAZING, but the blurb didn't grab me, so I passed on it.
    After reading this, I think I'll pick it up next week!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !