Friday, January 6, 2012

Foreign Cover Friday!

Foreign Cover Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Reading Fever, where foreign covers of the books we know and love are spotlighted and discussed. To join, either pick your favorite foreign cover, or pick many foreign covers, and start discussing!




Last weeks winner: It's a tie!



English Hardcover #1 AND English Paperback #1


Up for voting this week: 


Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen.Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
 
English Hardcovers!



<<<<< #1

#2>>>>> 
 






English 
Paperbacks 




<<<<<#1

#2>>>>> 







<<<<< Italian Paperback 


French Paperback >>>>>








<<<<<Spanish Paperback


Catalan Paperback >>>>







<<<<< German Paperback


Croatian 
Paperback >>>>

 Last but not least!


<<<<<Hungarian
          Paperback















I really love this book and these covers! The only two I am iffy about is the Hungarian and the English Paperback #1, they just don't work for me :s 

however I love the simplicity of all the editions that have the simple text ( with the face hidden in the letters) and the simplistic swirls around them. you don't always need a pretty girl on the cover to draw a reader in!

What do you all think? Do you have a favorite? A least favorite? Share in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. I like the Spanish and German, annnnd both the English #2s. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like English paperback #1 because the girl actually looks nervous about her predicament, and German and Croatian paperbacks (Croatian one is nicer looking), because the mountains of handwriting suggest both love letters AND insanity. I haven't read this one but it sounds interesting. Though... you'd think the government would give the vaccine younger than 18 because the teen years are the years most likely to have crazy hormonal love anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay wow. I'd seen a few of these but had no idea how many there were. This is tough. Honestly I like quite a few of them. Both English hardcovers, the French paperback, the Spanish paperback, and the Croatian paperback are all quite lovely to me. Though the Croatian cover has more of a historical feel than a dystopian one. My favorite? Either the English HC or the French PB. And I totally agree about the Hungarian cover and the 1st English paperback one. Those don't really do it for me. Thanks for the great post!

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly really like the French paperback. The black overlaid on the face is really striking! I like the German paperback, too, but for a different reason. It has a historical fiction sort of feel to it, so while I don't think it fits this genre, it's really pretty.

    And I definitely agree about the Hungarian and English paperback #1.

    Renae @ Respiring Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha It's great that we all like multiple! The French paperback is super striking! Jazu- your right! I hadn't really thought about the "love" written over and over again connecting with the insanity- *forheadsmack* I also think the red cover adds to idea that this is a romance story, the blue backgrounds are lovely and I adore then, but it's nice to have colors that give off a feel as well! It does have a historical feel to it though which throws me off. since this is set in a Futuristic society. .. oh well. Thanks for the feedback guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had to narrow it down to just one pick, I would say English hardcover #2. The colors are pleasing to the eye.
    Some of the others are just too busy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading this one I definitely stand by the Croatian one! Haha I know the poll is over but I had to re-weigh in. AND there was the unexpected tie in of "love" scrawled all over the place (her mother's room). By the way, this was a great book, but ended so abruptly... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you found a bunch more than I did! The Croatian one is so much like the German one yet so much nicer in my opinion. The Hungarian one is interesting so much different than the others.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !