Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Grave Mercy



This week I am waiting on :


Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?

There are so many reason why I am excited about this book but to name a couple: 

1. I have been NEEDING me some historical fiction :) and this just sounds so awesome!

2. I have heard rumors that this is borderline "adult literature" By that they mean may be a little too much for the YA readers to handle. ( I do not mean multiple Smexy scenes- though I haven't read it so I don't know )  

Here is why that interests me. I think its silly when people separate sections so much like that! YA - Adult. Haven't we realized books can cross genres and age limits? Harry potter, Hunger Games , and yes Twilight and MORE have been widely read by both teens and adults alike. So if A YA book can be read by an Adult, why can't more Adult books be read by YA'ers. I understand that this could have it's limits. I am not going to go plop the Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon in the hands of a 13 yr old. ( Though it is one of my FAVORITE paranormal romance series. ) But I still think overlap is ok!! 

ok I ranted a bit there. Basically I mean I am looking forward to a YA book that pushes the limits!

3. Uh. COVER LOVE - seriously, it's pretty awesome. 


What are you waiting on?! Share in the comments! If you are a blogger with a Waiting on Wednesday post please leave a link so I can visit you back !

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this either, it looks beyond amazing! And I completely get what your saying!After reading Born Wicked and loving it, I can't wait to get my hands on more historical type reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read it soon! I hope the heroine is pretty badass. ;D

    Here's my WoW. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to it!

    Here's what I'm waiting for . . .
    http://coveranalysis.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really amazing book!

    And I have to say that I totally agree with you on the topic of age limits. Of course you can say that some books are more or less for children and then there are some books for adults and the ones in betweeen - but I don't think you can limit books to a certain age. What you like to read has a lot to do with personal taste and your inner development. Some people may be able to deal with more or less detailed descriptions of sex or violence early, others shouldn't or just don't want to read it when they're in their twenties. That's just the way it is.

    Oh, and the cover most definitely looks very great, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !