Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge ( Day 1 )





Ok, So.. Day 1. 15 Confessions... This was actually pretty hard for me! I'm pretty upfront about stuff.. So I tried to think of confessions that I hadn't posted everywhere else. Everyone knows I have a TBR pile problem. It's never ending. And now thanks to ebooks and friends who gift things... I have over 200 books i'm supposed to read that I actually own o.O.. But I decided to share some other stuff.. so here it goes



1. I started reading Paranormal romances when I was 15. My favorites were Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan and J.R. Ward. I had no shame, I read them in the hallways at school, and got many a funny look from my teachers. Sherrilyn Kenyon is still my favorite Paranormal Romance author

2. My Grammy gave me the Clan of the Cave Bear series when I was in... i think 8th grade - hadn't even had my first kiss! - She later remembered the very.... detailed.. sex scenes and was extremely embarrassed. ( Paranormal romances have nothing on those >.< ) The stories are seriously amazing though. Full of adventure, romance, and great history. I own the entire series in Hardback and have read them all at least 5 times. 

3. My little sister told me she used to secretly race me to see who would finish the newest Harry Potter book first - I found this out from my mom and let her beat me once or twice ;) 

4. My mom, sisters and I used to come up with Harry Potter Trivia questions for each other.

5. I accidentally tore a page from a library book once when I was little, I was bawling when I returned it!

6. I have a hard time reading YA contemporaries because sometimes the stories hit too close to home. I get more emotional over books than movies. 

7. I sniff new books. 

8.  The little mermaid is my 2nd favorite Disney movie, but I refuse to read the original story. I want to remember it ending with Happily Ever After.... not suicide. 

9. I have put off reading the final book in a series for over a year simply because I did not want it to end. 

10. I get more excited to buy books than clothes. 

11. One of my favorite things is loaning a good book to a friend, then having them return it saying they NEED book #2. - Most recently happened with The Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck :D

12. I would be totally ok with removing the TV from my bedroom and adding another bookshelf. My boyfriend on the other hand, would not be. 

13. I was once so caught up in a book I was reading while waiting for a movie to start that I didn't start watching the movie until it was half way over. The book was a Wrinkle in Time. I have no idea what the movie was. 

14. I have lied to a friend and given them an alternate ending to a story when they begged me to tell them. That way they were still completely shocked when they actually read it. They thanked me. 

15. I don't always like the book more than the movie. 



Do any of my confessions ring true with you? Share in the comments! Or make your own post and leave a link! Don't forget to check out where it all started @ Good Books and Good Wine 

1 comment:

  1. love the t.v vs bookshelf confession!! I read that and laughed. I probably would remove my bed for another bookshelf or two if I did not have to sleep :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !