Monday, July 29, 2013

Introducing The new member of The Passionate Bookworms!

* Drum roll please! *****************


Everybody give a warm welcome to :
Brittany!!!!!!!!!

Let's let her tell us a bit about herself shall we?



My name is Brittany and I currently work as a high school German teacher! Why German, because it’s the language of love. J I grew up a farmer’s daughter and have three younger sisters who are my best friends. I live in Minnesota with my husband Nick. Besides reading, I upcycle books during my free time: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Bookitup?ref=si_shop.

1. Was there a specific book that started your passion for reading?

This question should be phrased besides Harry Potter what books ignited your passion? I can distinctly remember my extreme reading frenzy beginning during the Harry Potter series. I was one of those kids that read through the night after I bought the books. I am a Potter fan to the death. One of the happiest days of my life was when I saw Harry Potter World in Florida. Another book that really kicked off my reading life was Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn. I have real no idea why, besides the fact that I was able to experience a life that was other than my own.

And this is how I know we are going to get along BRILLIANTLY! Guys... She is drinking Butterbeer in that picture.. at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter... I both love and hate her for this. 

2. What is your favorite Genre?

It’s real hard to pick just one genre because I am a floater. At the current moment, I am reading mostly YA fiction. Anything with mythical, mystical creatures or beings, count me in. I really love to read books that are in a series, I am not fond of just a one and done method. I like seeing characters develop and mature.

3. Least favorite Genre?

My least favorite genre would have to be any nonfiction books. The only exception to that rule is anything to do with Germany history. Why, because I am a German teacher. J

There are very few nonfiction books that I can get into, so were in the same boat there!

4. What was the last book you read that surprised you?

I am absolutely shameless when saying this but Beautiful Disaster. I read that book in one sitting completely oblivious to basic needs like food and going to the bathroom. I don’t usually like books where the man seems domineering or psychotic but this book was entirely different. Usually with a domineering male characters comes a weak female character, but Abby was anything but weak, she held her own!

I think this is one of those contemporaries that I have to give a shot just so I can understand where my ne coblogger is coming from :) Thankfully this one has had awesome reviews!

5. If we were to look at your bookshelf right now, is there anything that would stand out?

Most would think this lady is crazy. I hoard books like it’s my will to live. I have so many books on my TBR pile that it is sometimes unnerving for me. Luckily, I have this strange lighting speed reading ability. Real life answer: It really stinks being a working adult with a need to read like a will to live.

THIS! She gets me guys... she gets me.

6. Do you set up your bookshelf in any specific way?

Absolutely not, most of my life is very organized but I get to live through my books. I like it unorganized, it’s completely freeing.

Let the chaos reign!

7. Thoughts on Movie adaptions?

I will never watch a movie before I have read the book and I hate finding out after if there was a book, I hadn’t read. Also, I almost always disagree with the celebrities they cast for books because I never ever picture celebrities.

I'm bad sometimes about watching movies before reading books. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief The Help, Water For Elephants .... I actually haven't read ANY of those books yet! But loved the movies lol.

8. Are you a Cover Lover? Or does the Cover have really no effect on you?

If I am going without a recommendation, the cover has to be something interesting. My friend, Michelle(not my co-blogger J ), says that my types of books have covers with something mythical on the front.

Ooooh good to know! I also wholeheartedly agree!

9. Are you hoping to get anything out of blogging?

I have been looking to take a step in my reading experience and book blogging seems like the next natural step. I am also really excited to get to work with Michelle!

Im pretty Dang excited as well!

10. Do you feel that you have a noticeable writing style?

Hmm, not really sure so then maybe no. When I write reviews, I don’t write for length, I write for content. Sometimes reviewers write a page for the synopsis and I am more of a short and sweet type of girl.
 
Yes to short and sweet! Have I mentioned this girl gets me?

I am super excited to have Brittany join the team and I hope your excited to be getting more wonderful reviews! Be sure to visit us often and see the new stuff that will be popping up! Lets's show Brittany what the book community is all about ! 
You can also follow her on Twitter @WordsAfterwards
Brittany's first review will be live tomorrow! 
Be sure to come back and check it out! 

One last look at Farmer Brittany! A John Deer Family after my heart!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome Brittany! I have a picture almost identical to the butterbeer one! I loved my visit to Wizarding World, and Michelle I hope you get the chance to go because it so much fun! I look forward to seeing your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I loved my visit to the Wizarding World that I talked my husband into going again this year. I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Yay Brittany! Welcome to the book blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany! Welcome welcome! I feel the same way about book-to-movie adaptations :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, there are a lot of YA books turning into movies this year, we shall see how those turn out!

      Delete
  4. Guten Tag Brittany! Ah I need to go back and work on my German. I took it 3 years in High School and 4 semesters at Uni. It is a great language! <3

    I hope you have fun reviewing books and the important thing to remember: real life comes first so don't stress. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guten Tag! You took German, awesome! I love reading and I just want to be able to share that love. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !