Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cover Lover (3)


The Meme Name says it all



The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn's haunting debut.

On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.

Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.

There is so much that I love about this cover. The Typography is such a wonderful clash with the Cover Models style. Instead of just being pure dark horror style, it's gritty and interesting. I enjoy how the scene fades away right in the spot where I wonder.. is there something there? Can the girl see something just beyond the " fog" that we cannot? 

Three things have me wanting to read this one: 

1. Gorgeous cover

2. Intriguing premise

3.  My Girls Jessica @ Just a Book Lover
and Katie @ Katie's Book Blog 

All enjoyed it! I mean really? How could I not at least try it!?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely love that cover, too! And it sounds like it'll be a very chilling read! :)

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too! I still need to read this one. I like the muted colors of the background best.

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this cover too!! I kinda find it funny that they add a peach color to the cover even though it's supposed to be a dark mystery! I need to get started on thsi book soon!

    ~Taherah @Books As You Know It

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !