Monday, July 15, 2013

15 day Book Blogger Challenge ( Day 6 & 7 )



6. Describe how you shop for books?

You mean people actually have a method? What is this madness! Rarely do I go in with a specific book in mind unless I am going to an event. I pretty much just walk through the bookstore doors ( when I can actually make it to a store ) pause, breathe in the smell of new books, and head straight for the YA section! I proceed to pull out books whose titles intrigue me, or covers snag my attention, and make decisions from there. 

When I worked at Borders I would find new books on my lunch breaks- or while I was shelving- and just sit down in a corner and start to read, if I felt like I didn't want to put it back on the shelf after my break, it came home with me. :) 



7. Talk about your blogger quirks.

I dunno if I really have " quirks " .. Just watch. All of you are sitting there reading this and just ticking off the weird things that I do. 

If I had to pick something I would say my quirk is that I review things fairly conversationally. I don't use proper grammar, or even actual sentences sometimes. ( I don't even want to think about what editors would think if they read this. ) I say what's in my head. Sometimes that just comes out like word vomit, sometimes it might actually sound eloquent. I'm not writing for a teacher, i'm sharing my thoughts for myself, and for you; my friends. 



So ya, that's my quirk. Word vomit. 
I'm probably making you think of puke now.. I really don't care! haha

Do you think I have blogging quirks? I would love to know what you think they are! Do you have your own? Be sure to share in the comments and leave a link if you have your own post! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, two great gifs to describe what you're writing. :-)

    Man I miss Borders! Since there isn't really a local bookstore anymore (there are indies but they really don't care a wide YA selection) I do a lot of shopping only through Amazon or online indies like Powell's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love informal reviews like that! They're more fun. Seriously. Have you ever SEEN any of my reviews? Goodness. It's awesome and fun. So you should keep on, girl. I approve.

    (Because my approval totally matters, hehe)

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !