Thursday, July 11, 2013

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge ( Day 4 )


4. What's the last book you flung across the room?

I've never really been a thrower. Oh I have imagined it many a time, but I could never actually do it! 

Here are some of the different ways I react to books ( When I am not happy ) 

A. Dissapointment: When A book is simply letting me down and not living up to it's potential I close the book ( or the cover on my nook ) , set my hand on top of it, and shake my head sadly. 



D. The Lover's cry: When a couple should be together, but isn't. Or Shouldn't be, but is. I Hold my hands out and just sob a little.. * why... why.... WHY?* 



C. Heartbroken: Now we are near the top of my wrung. When the author does something to their characters that is just... devastating.  Kiera Cass was the last one to do this to me. A Scene in The Elite with one of my favorite characters. I just... I couldn't believe what was happening. 

The Book Sits in my hands, still open. I stare at my walls, trying to understand... what...just...happened. I'm Broken. 

( Seriously guys... this is sad David Tennant standing in the rain... 
FEEL MY PAIN ) 

D. The Rage: I read something that cannot possibly be true. A character has done something so despicable - or the author had someone do something to a MC- So heinous. I grip the book tightly, it cuts into my hand as I raise it high * cue dramatic music getting louder and louder * I imagine it soaring through the air! Heating the satisfying * CRACK* as it hits the wall and then falls to it's doom!

But it never leaves my hands. If anything, the worst I have done is toss it to the end of my bed, cross my arms while seething, and stare it down. Then I give in. Pick it back up, and read until it makes me happy again.   



Have you thrown a book across the room, or at least imagined it? What was it?! Share in the comments or make a post of your own! Be sure to link it up @ goodbooksandgoodwine.com

7 comments:

  1. Ha, this is awesome! I totally go through these phases or have these stages rather than flinging, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are just my upset phases! I should do a post all about my different phases of happy lol.

      Delete
  2. I love that! I couldn't throw a book either (at least I don't remember ever throwing a book), but in my imagination, it's a very liberating feeling after a disappointing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I would feel worse if I actually DID throw the book! I would be all " I'm SORRY... I FORGIVE YOU IF YOU FORGIVE ME!" lol

      Delete
  3. I'm not a book thrower at all but I love the outlines you noted of the different types of "throw" I was just telling Rachelia from Bookish Comforts that I was unsure what type of "throw the book" April meant when she wrote this challenge question.

    Day 3 & 4 Blogger Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say the last book I can actively remember throwing was Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer. THAT BOOK PISSES ME OFF. Team Ren forever. ;)

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How horrible is it.. that I have only read the 1st book in that series >.< * doesn't understand your pain*

      Delete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !