Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Scarlet ( Lunar Chronicles #2 )


Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
by Marissa Meyer

Hardcover, 452 pages
Published February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends 


 The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.
 Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

 
Let me start off by doing what I wish I had the courage to do in person when I saw Marissa Meyer at 2 book signing events. * Bows * Also- I am totally picturing myself wearing a long red cape and doing a cool cape swooshing bow. Nerd and proud!

I had no fear that I wouldn't love Scarlet. I mean seriously. First she gives us a cyborg Cinderella, the swoon worthy Kai and ever amusing Iko. Now in Scarlet we not only get those characters, but a kick ass Red Riding Hood and not one... but TWO drool worthy new men, Captain Thorne and Wolf. Of course these characters have much more to them them being drool worthy.. but I mean.. really. * drool * I'm such a girl sometimes. 

Scarlet starts off where Cinder ends, But readers should be prepared to not get as much face time with Cinder's characters. The POV in Scarlet alternates. But the voice of the two MC's ( Cinder and Scarlet ) are so different and strong that it didn't bother me at all, unlike many other books with multiple POV's. 

If other readers are anything like me, they will continue to love meyer's writing style and the way she weaves the fairy tale aspects into the story with a futuristic flair. Scarlet is a perfect blend of fairy tale magic/ sci fy with romantic moments, and exciting action scenes. 

I spent the half the book wondering how the two girls were going to meet up, and when it finally happens it was brilliant. Scarlet is kinda a.. fly by the seat of her pants kinda gal, it was hard to tell what she was going to do next! I loved that I never knew exactly how it was all going to play out. 

I can't say enough how much I LOVED Scarlet. Meyer has created a series that I am prepared to read multiple times. I have even gone so far as to buy a ebook copy of both so that I can keep my pretty Signed Hardbacks in pristine condition! And no, I do not think that is overkill. 

Have I explained my obsession enough yet? 

Scarlet almost has a companion novel feel to it, but is in fact a continuation of the Lunar Chronicles series. So I beg you, Read #1 Cinder first! And then come back and gush in my comments about how much you loved it ;) 

I tend to keep my Book #2 reviews as short and sweet as possible, While I want you to all understand my thoughts, my ups and downs and thoughts on characters, I also always worry about giving too much away! So please feel free to tweet me @ya_bookworm07 if you want me to go more into detail, or just want to have some bookish chats!

Rating : 5/5


 

1 comment:

  1. I love Scarlet too! I wish I could have made it to her signing last year, sooo much regret! :P I can't wait for Cress.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !